Hello!

If you have come across this page, it is most likely because you received an invitation from me to participate in my dissertation research. So thanks for checking me out- I hope this will answer some questions about who I am and why I am doing this work!

If you read through this blog, you can follow my story. I used this space to chronicle the experiences and memories of a painful journey of infertility and loss. I survived countless Clomid cycles, a septum resection, three fresh IVFs, a FET, an early miscarriage, a heterotopic pregnancy, a loss of twins at 20 weeks due to an incompetent cervix, the placement of a transabdominal cerclage, and lots of bedrest before finally giving birth to my wonderful children, Isabelle and Julien.

I also became an example of that cliche - people who get pregnant spontaneously after struggling for years with IF- and 22 months after the birth of my twins had a singleton, Alec. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would get pregnant without the use of doctors, needles, and artificial hormones. Such is the craziness of the world of infertility, I suppose.

So here I am on the other side, and I find myself equally committed to the "cause". I have devoted my dissertation research to understanding the impact of an IF diagnosis and the treatment process on marriage. In a nutshell, I think the kinds of support that mental health professionals have offered infertile couples has been woefully limited, and I want to change that. My hope is that this study will provide much-needed information that will shape psychological interventions for infertile couples.

I can't do this without your help. I am seeking couples who will give just a little of their time- 20 or so minutes- to complete an online survey. It's not painful. You might even find it kind of interesting. But I can tell you with certainty that it will help fill a gap in our understanding of the needs of people like you and me. And, as a token of my gratitude for your time, I will send each couple who completes the surveys a voucher for free movie tickets.

If you're interested, please contact me at UTInfertilityResearch@gmail.com . I look forward to hearing from you!

Warmly,
Elisabeth B. Morray, MA
Doctoral Candidate
The University of Texas at Austin

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll work on my husband!