OK, so I have been busy. The last time I posted, I was finishing an IVF cycle. My fourth. I was terrified of the pregnancy that was ahead.

Fast forward 20 months. I am a mom of year-old twins, Isabelle and Julien. They are the loves of my life (although I suppose I should include my husband in that group!)

Life is good. And yet there is still a part of me that feels infertile. That thinks of the two babies I lost. That feels guilty that I do not keep their memories alive in the ways that I had hoped to.

And so I return to the blog.

I return to ask the unanswered questions.

I return to make space for the parts of my life, my history that nobody in my "real life" seems to remember, want to talk about, want to keep alive.

And yet they are alive, very much so... just overlooked. Buried.

And so I am here.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! Visiting thru NCLM. I'm glad you've returned- as I'm sure you know- writing can be therapeutic. I see in your heading that you're getting your Ph.D... I just finished mine up last October. I wonder if you are a scientist? A humanitarian? An astronaut? (I'm crazy). :o)

momofonefornow said...

hi from NCLM.

Welcome back to blogging. Your kids are adorable!

Kristine said...

Welcome back!

Here from NCLM.

mrsmuelly said...

The blogging is definitely a way to remember and share. I think your pics are beautiful. I will be reading...and sharing with you too.

Lily said...

Just found this and this is a great post. I find blogging comforting for the same reason - to give space to a part of me that doesn't get it in my "real" life.